Monday, July 15, 2019

TV: Schitt's Creek

This is a love-it-or-hate-it type of show.  I avoided it for the longest time just because of the name, but Catherine O'Hara was too big of a draw and once I watched it, I was hooked. Dan Levy is new to me and also fun to watch.  The writing makes me laugh, rarely out loud but often in the way that I find myself repeating lines and being amused by them days later.

Don't worry if you don't think you can be sympathetic to rich people losing their money... that is SO not the point of the show.  The rich people and the local yokels are all equally played for laughs,but you'll grow to love them (at least, some of each).

Scores and comments for:
Schitt's Creek
Gore/Violence: Non-existent.
Passes Bechdel test:  Yes.  Halfway through the pilot Moira and Alexis talk about the hotel.
Diversity:  Very low in terms of racial diversity.  There is a gay relationship that is beautifully portrayed, possibly the best I've ever seen that's presented not for a plot point or drama, but just because that's how people are.

No comments:

Post a Comment