Sunday, March 10, 2024

Apocalypse Challenge G: end of week 18

 

Garland has had a busy couple of days; she gave birth to her daughter Wayland, and was promoted to Theorist. Her younger half-brother Christopher is an adult now, and will be caretaker to his little niece so that Garland can shoot for that final promotion to the top of the Science career.

Oddly, the thing that held up the next generation the most was the lack of a mate for Garland.  I didn't have many walkbys, and even when I did, there wasn't enough time in an evening for Garland to get to know them well enough to stay overnight or move in.  Finally Waylon Menon walked by, who she had known previously, and I quickly grabbed the opportunity to move him in. He's already in the Culinary career, so I'll have him lift that restriction.  If Wayland or her spouse can get into the Medical career, that will be good; and perhaps the other can do Military. Christy died before getting to the top of the career, and the restrictions about leaving the lot really hurt Garland.  I also have a cat ghost causing trouble, and unfortunately I didn't notice Christy getting old and her headstone is right outside the house, so I anticipate her causing trouble soon too!  But without the ability to go to college I can't lift the Paranormal restrictions and move their headstones.

No comments:

Post a Comment