Saturday, March 9, 2024

Apocalypse Challenge G: end of week 16

 

Garland goes off to work while her little half-brother Christopher heads to the school bus.  Not sure why she looks unhappy here - her mood was good and I'm hoping she'll do well in her new Science career.

I've tried the Apocalypse challenge before, but this is the first time I've had any success with an adult that didn't start in college.  Garland's father Gary got to the top of the Politics career as an elder, managed to quickly meet, marry and move in Christy Stratton, and their daughter Garland was born the same day Gary died.  Fortunately Gary had socked away about 60,000 simoleons in savings, so Christy could stay home with Garland until she was a teenager.  

Christy is an elder now and has a decent shot at getting to the top of the Military career before she dies.

Important things I learned that have helped a lot in this go-round:

  • Children don't get any significant hygiene benefit from washing their hands, but if I get one of the medicine cabinets and have them "brush teeth", they get by well enough.
  • One of my attempts ended up with twin brothers who made it adulthood, but their mother's ghost keeps frightening them to death... I've killed the poor brothers a dozen times or more!  With Gary I made sure he was on the furthest corner of the lot when the Grim Reaper came, and he died happy, so that seems to have kept the terrible haunting at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment