Monday, March 21, 2011

The "Uncalendar"

After writing about planners recently, I settled on using the templates from DIYPlanner.com, which I have been quite happy with. I particularly like the user-submitted templates and the widget kit that lets me build my own forms.

While looking online for a three-ring binder that holds 5.5" by 8.5" paper, I stumbled across the Uncalendar website. I have to admit I almost wish I'd found it sooner! Not only do they have the binder I want for under $7, they have a series of undated planner pages that look quite intriguing. According to their website, they've been offering these planners since the 70s, and it's exactly the kind of thing I can imagine my engineer father using back in those days if he hadn't already been using the Day-Timer provided by his office.

The forms and the website are definitely quirky, but I can see it being a powerful system for people who are committed to achieving their goals, and that people who like it would be extremely loyal to it. If you click on the picture to the right, you'll see the vague headings that let you decide for yourself how to use it, and the entire left page that has boxes, lines, and even a chunk of graph paper for data collection.

It's exactly the kind of thing I would buy for my son as a graduation gift when he leaves high school - after all, his schools have been training him to use an agenda for years now, so it would be a waste to let him lose the habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment