Monday, March 21, 2011

Farmhouse Hearts and Darts, Part 11

What old house would be complete without some water damage? Fortunately this wall in the upstairs main room is drywall, and can be easily replaced. The modern vinyl floor tiles and baseboard are also slated for replacement, possibly quite soon if the bathroom (which is on the other side of the wall on the right in this picture) gets done this summer.

Although I can't summon more than a passing respect for drywall, I do love my new backyard. This is at the back of the house, facing west, on a cold and slightly dreary day last week when we were up for a March Break visit. I love the crazy tilt of the platform for hanging out laundry (just like my Grandma had, although hers stood up straight), the rough boards on the side of the shed, and of course the apple tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment