Sunday, January 30, 2011

Real Estate

One of my current enthusiasms is for the Toronto MLS listings, for a variety of reasons. I started out looking for co-op and co-own properties to collect data on their asking prices, but now it's a daily habit to scan every new listing each day in the Central and East regions of Toronto. I often end up sending any funny or outrageous ones to my husband, but I realized this was the perfect place to share them.

Today's caught my eye because of the towering condo buildings on two sides. Looking on Google Street View, I can see that on the right-hand side of this picture is a parking lot for a strip mall right on Yonge, just north of York Mills station.

This plain little house is worth nothing, of course, and the listing is asking $1,300,000 for the value of the land. (I will include the link here, although it will only be good until the property is sold or re-listed, so I'll probably have to come back and remove it soon.) I'd love to be able to tell you what the 5215 Yonge listing is worth, but it's not on MLS, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

My least favourite part of this listing? The text that says "The Creek On Backyard Can Be Refilled.". Poor little creek.

The realtor's description:
Prime Redevelopment Property For Commercial(Needs Rezoning)Or High-Rise Condo When It Combined With 5215 Yonge St(In Mls C2026654). Lots Of Potential. Property Value Only. Live Now & Redevelop Later..**** EXTRAS **** The Creek On Backyard Can Be Refilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment