Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Rural Real Estate

I drive from Toronto to Tobermory and back many times in a summer, and I usually take the same route every time.  I enjoy seeing how familiar landmarks change over the season, and from year to year.

I did the drive up and back last Wednesday, and I was surprised to see more houses for sale than usual.  Here are a selection of the ones I saw.
On the road heading south out of Wiarton, there is a long row of beautiful Victorians on the hill, looking out over the sound.  This one is a former B&B with five bedrooms.  376 Berford Street, MLS listing X2405187, asking $299,900.


This beautiful brick Ontario farmhouse is on Highway 10, south of Owen Sound.  It's only $399,900 for 89 acres.  ComFree listing #194849, 777502 #10 Highway.
The house is a little topheavy for my taste, with all those dormers.  The garage is just about as cute as a garage can be, though, and the kitchen has really cool red kitchen cabinets that look as though they've been lacquered.  ComFree listing in the little town of Markdale, for $229,900; a good price for a house in town, walking distance to everything you need.
This 1905 beauty is near Flesherton.  The wraparound porches look out on 72 acres of gardens and outbuildings.  $579,900 on ComFree.

No comments:

Post a Comment