Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Volunteer Toronto

I've had a fun little time today searching for volunteer positions through the Volunteer Toronto website.

There are so many neat positions available.  Should I be a Pet Visiting Volunteer and take either my active young cat, or affectionate old cat, to an old folks' home in Scarborough?  Should I build on the ESL course I'm taking by being an ESL teaching assistant?  How about a boys' cooking instructor in my old neighbourhood, or setting up a new children's library at the St. Felix Centre?  Math tutoring or computer help are the obvious answers, since I am a math teacher by training, and programmer by profession.  They need math tutors just four subway stops away from me.

This will require some thought, but I think the timing is good to contact a few places and set something up for the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment