Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Genealogy and 1911 census

Here's an enthusiasm I haven't touched on yet... family history!

This evening I have the urge to check out automatedgenealogy.com's 1911 census records and see if there's anyone I've missed.

Here's my grandfather Nelson with his parents and siblings, in Evanturel Township, Nipissing. A little hard to read, isn't it? That's why the website is so great. We've got James (shortened to Jas) age 58, his wife Christine age 40, and their children Annie (14), Aubrey (12), Laura (9), and Stella (7). Mary someone was a lodger.

Here's the Woodard family, consisting of my grandmother and her parents and siblings in the town of Stayner. Angus (46) and his wife Sarah E (41), with their four daughters and son. My grandmother is Lula, currently age 5.

I actually have a picture of them just a couple of years earlier (that's Grandma in the lower right).

That's all I have so far from my Dad's side of the family. There are a couple of loose ends to tie up - there are a couple of women who died in 1911 or 1912, and I've like to find them in the census, but so far haven't had any luck. The last names are Woodard and Garrod, which are two that have given me a hard time in terms of variant spelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment